Hello,

> As per xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/atKeynames.h:
>
> /*
>  * Fake 'scancodes' in the following ranges are generated for 2-byte
>  * codes not handled elsewhere.  These correspond to most extended keys
>  * on so-called "Internet" keyboards:
>  *
>  *      0x79-0x93
>  *      0x96-0xa1
>  *      0xa3-0xac
>  *      0xb1-0xb4
>  *      0xba-0xbd
>  *      0xc2
>  *      0xcc-0xd2
>  *      0xd6-0xf7
>  */
>
> What I cannot find is *where* those fake scancodes are generated and
> how they are mapped to 0x81-0x84....

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Events.c
xf86PostKbdEvent() subroutine

> P.S.  I currently use:
>
>         Option       "XkbModel" "pc105"
>
> but AFAICT the only way to turn on a named section in
> xkb/symbols/inet is to use
>
>         Option       "XkbModel" "named_option"
>
> How do I get both us(pc105) and inet(inspiron)?

Simply use the second way.  If the model name is the same as one of inet file
sections name, XKB uses us(pc105) map and _adds_ inet(model_name) to it.
(I mean XFree86 4.3.0.  In previous versions it uses us(pc104). )

--
 Ivan U. Pascal         |   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Administrator of     |   Tomsk State University