When creating an IPv6 socket on Linux an IPv4 socket seems to be
created also.
The current CVS code produces the error:

_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running

bind() returns an EADDRINUSE error when binding to the second IP
protocol (in CVS it is IPv6).

When I switch the order of initialization around and skip the IPv4
protocol if IPv6 initialization was successful, everything works:
I can connect thru IPv6 and IPv4.

I'm surprised that noone else sees this problem.

Egbert.