Hi,

Egbert Eich schrieb:

> One could verify if the current value in this location really matches
> the value reported by the BIOS.

I wrote a new version of 855patch which does just that. So it should be
safer to use than before. Everyone interested is invited to try it out:
http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.tar.gz

> I would like to know if the people from the desktop department from
> Intel would be happy with such a solution. If so, I'd add the code.

If you know whom to ask at Intel please do so. For me as an unknown,
unimportant developer it'll probably be much harder to contact the right
person.

Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://chzsoft.com.ar/ - Fido: Christian [EMAIL PROTECTED]:2437/74.9