Matthieu Herrb writes:
 > I wrote (in a message from Sunday 27)
 >  > Keith Packard wrote (in a message from Wednesday 23)
 >  >  >
 >  >  > While supporting multiple -nolisten arguments is good, I suggest that the
 >  >  > current '-nolisten tcp' should include both inet4 and inet6 tcp options;
 >  >  > most people use '-nolisten tcp' to avoid exposing an open port to the X
 >  >  > server to the network.
 >  >  >
 >  >  >        -nolisten inet4         don't listen for TCP/IPv4 connections
 >  >  >        -nolisten inet6         don't listen for TCP/IPv6 connections
 >  >  >        -nolisten tcp           don't listen for any TCP connections
 >  >
 >  > I agree here, except that it looks like Sun and X.Org are using inet
 >  > for IPv4, not inet4. I'm going to do this change.
 >
 > Here's a proposed patch. When a -nolisten argument is an alias, it
 > will look for transport entries matching this alias (ie using the same
 > methods) and set the NOLISTEN flag there.
 >
 > I plan to commit this in a few days, unless someone finds out that
 > this is wrong.

The patch looks good, but it bases alias on the use of identical
funtions. That means an alias will allways disable all protocols
that share functions. I don't know if this is always desirable.
 For instance we could not have the aliases tcp4 and tcp6 to alias
inet and inet6.

My idea was therefore to put the aliases and the functions they map
to into a separate table.

Egbert.