Egbert Eich wrote:

> Let me finish by saying that even though I have never had my hands deep in
> the code of X, of course I'd be happy to help out - if doing a little coding
> in X makes my port of the toolkit go smoother it's definetely worth the
> effort. All I need to have is a consensus on what we want.

Sure. What we should probably do now is to get in touch with all
interested parties to get their input. We must make sure we don't
jump too short again.

What I want to see is a unified system to configuring the input device. For example, under Linux USB/HID, you're not going to send a sequence to the tablet to switch between relative and absolute coordinates. Unless of course you also wrote the kernel device driver and somehow know how. Which I did and I do, but I've been known to cheat :-)

-- ____ .:. ____ Bryan W. Headley - [EMAIL PROTECTED]