Egbert Eich wrote:
Bryan W. Headley writes:
> > True, and that's a whole other set of problems. At least, in your > example, everything is in the XI layer, if not in the individual driver. > I'm more worried about an XI layer that talks to its drivers, but > there's also a layer in Misc that does the same thing, but perhaps > supercedes the XI layer, but all of that has been replaced by something > in a third layer.

No, not necessarily. If you take a look at the current xf86misc
extensions they implement setting of some mouse parameters.
Most of them are clearly related to mouse HW and are well separable
form the XI view of things.

That just illustrates the problem. Who would think to look at the Misc extension for that?
--
Bryan W. Headley - [EMAIL PROTECTED]