> I must admit that I've never tried below 60 Hz. What sort of
> difference did you find out going to 50 Hz - improvement ?
> BTW, I thought we were talking about increasing to _over_ 60 Hz  ;-)
>
> Martin.

I do get a significant improvement, and it gets very obvious with interlaced
50 field/s video. If you look at anything that moves smoothly over a few
seconds, like the tickers at the bottom of news stations, scrolling credits
etc, everything gets much smoother when screen refresh and video are somewhat
synchronized. 48Hz makes PAL video nearly unwatchable.

Rainer