Hi joseph,

>  I'm new in embedded Linux and XFree86 world. Now I have built a embedded linux on
> my CF card (32MB).
Welcome to the community.

>  ThenI want to build a embedded platform with X window. What paper should I read
> first?
I think you need "GUI", not particularly X windows. Clarify for further reply.

>  In my opinion, I am going to XFree86.org to download the XFree86 4.3.0 (or 4.4.0)
> package.
 It would be an overkill to put XFree package on an embedded device.

>  Then, rebuild the XFree86 and then install it to my target CF card. Is this
> thinking correct?
  Theoretically YES, but as i said you shud need XFree86 for an embedded device.
Perhaps you may go for Qt/Embedded or the like, which is especially for embedded
devices.

>  How do I reduce the size of the XFree86 environment? Remove the unnecessary files?
   You don't need to reduce anything .....perhaps only trouble ;-).... if you use
Qt/Embedded.
Hope this gives you a start,
Jassi