On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 12:09:34PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Can I in a multi monitor situation configure the Function Keys so that for
> example the F1 key will put the mouse pointer on Screen 1 ?
>
> Best regards,
> Marcel Stegehuis

(Pardon my vague understanding of multi-monitor mode's workings under
the hood, as I joined this list to get a better hang of mouse behavior
and absorb a bit of modern X programming savvy by osmosis. If I'm wrong
about anything corrections from saner souls are welcomed.)

If multiple monitors is handled as a giant screen of broader pixel range,
then simple repositioning of the mosue cursor to a given pixel location
should be sufficient.  If, as a user, you can use -geometry to place
new windows on any of your monitors, then I would expect the answer to
be yes.

That lends the answer to being a window manager function - if it (1) lets
you jump the mouse cursor that way (rather than merely new windows), and
(2) allows assignment of function key to invoke that ability, then sure,
I don't see why not.

If you're writing a WM that wants to do this I hope one of the others
can do it already; that would make it easy to see how they coded this up.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078