Zitat von Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Frank Gießler wrote:
> > with my current CVS snapshot (Changelog up to #530), glxgears gives me
> > the following at startup:
> >
> > X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
> > internal Xlib length error)
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
> >   Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)
> >   Serial number of failed request:  22
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  23
> >
> > This used to work before. I've seen this on both OS/2 and SuSE Linux 8.2
> > (XFree CVS built without DRI). Any idea what this means and/or where I
> > should look?
>
> Can you give any details to help reproduce this error?  There is a
> reported bug in this area, but I thought that it was fixed.  Your
> XF86Config would also be useful.

On Linux I simply build the abovementioned version with 'make World' with this
host.def in xc/config/cf:

#define NormalLibFont YES
#define SharedLibFont NO
#define BuildDPSLibrary YES
#define XprtServer YES
#define XnestServer YES
#define XVirtualFramebufferServer YES
#define BuildFonts NO
/* #define BuildCIDFonts YES */
#define BuildDocs NO
#define BuildServer YES
#define BuildGlxExt YES
#define BuildOSMesaLib YES
#define ProjectRoot /XFree86
#define HasMMXSupport YES
#define Has3DNowSupport YES
#define HasKatmaiSupport YES
#define HasSSESupport YES
#define BuildXF86DRI NO

Then 'make install', start the server (as root) with

cd /XFree86/bin
setenv DISPLAY :1
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /XFree86/lib
./xinit /XFree86/bin/xterm -- /XFree86/bin/XFree86 :1 -xf86config
/etc/X11/XF86Config.test

After the xterm comes up, start 'glxgears' -> bang.

I'll send you the configfile as PM.

Frank.

--
 Frank Giessler
 Klinikum der Universitaet Jena              Tel.: +49-3641-9 32 57 80