On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Tim Krieglstein wrote:

> I have already posted to the debian-x mailinglist with no answers so
> far. :( But probably i get an answer from this list:

> I am tring to build debian packages of the xfree86 cvs head. There is
> only on problem remaining: How do i configure the files in config/cf so
> that static libraries for dps and other packages are produced?
> (these static libraries like libdps[1].a are needed for the libdps-devel
> package)

> I added to host.def the following lines, with no success:
> #ifndef DoNormalLib
> #define DoNormalLib YES
> #endif
> #ifndef DoSharedLib
> #define DoSharedLib YES

That's expected.  I'd remove that if I were you.

> any other suggestions?

I use a "hammer" approach.  Set ForceNormalLib to YES, which will build
archives for all libraries, in addition to shared objects.

You can be more selective than that, of course.  But, frankly, it's not
worth the effort.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |