On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Alexander Stohr wrote:

> > I tried just leaving the display running without doing anything
> > interactive with the interface and X ran for several hours before
> > freezing. All that was running was Xscreensaver. I then tried
> > again using
> > X normally but with a different window manager (XFCE 4) and
> > it worked for
> > about an hour and then froze again.
>
> having a machine frozen after several hours could mean
> a thermal problem. this can inlcude even overclocked CPUs
> or instable RAM or anything else on the bus or the grafics.

I suppose I could have a hardware problem, since my PC is a couple years
old now.  However, I can leave the same computer just running a 2.4.x
kernel for days with no problems.  Would the redesigned kernel
2.6.x bang the hardware so much more; going beyond that of kernel 2.4.x?

> -Alex. >

Fred

Error Loading Explorer.exe
You must reinstall Windows.