On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:23:55AM -0800, Alex Deucher wrote:

> > > I don't run XFree86 except when trying to hunt DRI related bugs.
> > It's
> > > been well over a year since I really used XFree86 and I honestly
> > don't
> > > remember if DPMS ever worked with the second head. I don't have a
> > second
> > > monitor to test right now.
> >
> > I just uploaded a patch to the bug tracker that makes DPMS work on
> > the
> > second head among other things (i2c/maven related).
>
> if you copied any code directly from the mga FB driver, you need to ask
> Petr Vandrovec if you can release it with a X11 license because the FB
> driver is GPL'ed.  I think in the past Petr said he didn't care, but
> it's worth asking again.  FWIW, I'd love to see native maven support in
> the X11 driver.

No code was copied, only some defines.  I need other people to check the
code and tell me if it will break on other video cards.  I only have a
G400 DH, but there is G450, G550, G200 DH, G200 non-maven DH, etc which
need to be tested, and some changes were made to the main driver code
too so there is a potential I made a mistake that would affect even
non-G series matrox cards.  The main thing I am worrying about is how
some of the maven registers I used will behave on different cards.
Right now I am trying to get DDC working on port 2 so I can be sure my
i2c code is 100% correct.

Someone needs to track down the bug that causes a server crash and
subsequent lockup if a dualhead config is used but mga_hal is not
available (either not around or wasn't compiled with support for it).  I
thought I fixed it with a oneliner in that patch but it turns out that
I was using the wrong config at the time to test it.

--
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>