Ar an 21ú lá de mí 1, scríobh Marc Aurele La France :

 > The problem with this is that the permissions might be reset the next time
 > something is committed to the affected files.  So, all committers would
 > need to re-checkout after the permission changes are made, or change the
 > permissions in their own copy.

Really? As I understand it, the only way you can change the permissions on a
file in a CVS repository is by going and chmod'ing the actual files in the
master repository on disk, not by checking out, modifying, then checking in
again.

There are more recent versions of CVS that support a config directive to
preserve execute permissions et al, but that tends not to be used, because
of a view that it was buggy.

--
I don't care if it rains of freezes/'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.