On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:38:16AM +1300, dave wrote:

> [...]

Is it something that could be integrated with the current 'nv' driver as
this would be the third driver to support NVIDIA cards. i.e. NVIDIA's own
binary driver, the 'nv' driver and now this.

If your going to support the DRI (for 3D) then it'd be great to integrate
that code into the existing 'nv' driver. If that's the case, then getting
your driver modifications into the DRI project would be wise. I suggest
subscribing to the dri-devel lists at sourceforge.

Also, utilizing the DRM kernel module layer would also be good for the
kernel module. And if you are doing something more in your kernel module,
it might be possible to fold your changes into other driver modules to
benefit.

Alan.