Hi All

        For some reasons, I have to compile XFree864.2 on SELS 8.2(64bit) with
AMD64bit CPU. But when I run "make World>&World.log" on the specific dir, I just get
the error

message in my World.log file as follows:

        gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
        make[2]: ** [imake.o] Error 1
        make[2]: Leaving directory '/xfree86420_release/config/imake
        make[1]: *** [imake.bootstrap] Error 2
        make[1]: Leaving directory '/xfree86420_release'
        make: *** [World] Error 2

        The XFree864.2 source packages are gotten from xfree86.org and can be built
successfully on other OS such as Redhat. Also, I have ever tried the latest code of
XFree864.2

but failed to achieve. Meanwhile, I searched for it in google but the way taught in
such articles dosenot work. Finally , the version of gcc is 3.3

        Can anybody be kind to give some ideas for it?

        Thanx a lot.

bst.,rgds
Yukun