Hi,

[I hope this is the right forum for this ...]

I'm using the Xvfb from XFree86 as a dummy server for regression testing
WINE.  A recently added conformance/regression test causes Xvfb to
consistently seg-fault.  I've tried rebuilding Xvfb with the CVS HEAD
version (as of 2004-02-17).  The RELNOTES file says its version
"4.3.99.903" (== 4.4.0-RC3 ?) and that seg-faults too.

To illustrate the problem, I've written a short BASH script that automates
the crash.  Its available from:
  http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/crashVFB.sh

Its rather unwieldy as a test-case: it compiles WINE the first time its
run.  But, running the script again will only re-run the tests that kills
the server.

The problem doesn't seem to affect "normal" servers (those driving real
hardware), at least not for old versions like v4.2.1 and v4.3.0.

Could someone who knows about these things have a look?

Ta,

Paul.

----
Paul Millar