>I found the link to the DocBook pre-release note for 4.4 on XFree86.org
>
>http://www.xfree86.org/~jwhimpel/html/ReleaseNotes-Smm-of-Upd.html says:>
>
> On Darwin, IOKit mode now used shadowfb  for must faster drawing.
>
>I think that should be "now uses shadowfb for much faster drawing."
>

>Since I'm here,  I don't think system names like Darwin and GNU/KNetBSD
>should appear in Courier, which is how my Mac Mozilla 1.6b displays
>       <tt class="systemitem">Darwin</tt>
>
>I would use <tt> for things you're likely to see in computer output
>like filenames and resources, use <kbd> for options you type, and use
>something else (<cite>?) for system names.
>

>Congratulations on the nearly-ready release.
>
>These are my opinions, not my employer's.
>--
>=S Page

Thank you for catching my typo.  It will be fixed in my next upload.

As for the font suggestion.  I am currently using the <systemitem class='osname'>
tag for Operating System Name markup.

I am trying to stick as close as possible to the standard XSL stylesheets for DocBook
4.3 for
rendering to HTML.

Currently I view my task as completing the markup and publishing in at least a
readable format,
then on a subsequent pass begin to work on any XFree86 changes to either the markup or
stylesheets.

So for now, the Operating System names will appear as shown.  Later, I am open for
suggestions such as yours.

Again, thanks for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback.

John

PS: Pardon my breaking the thread, but my new "bleeding-edge" mailer, has "Mark as
important"
message is gone
into the ether.