On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, wjd wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>       I wrote a X11 application to get image of some window by XGetImage(),but after
> i switch to other terminal by Ctrl+Alt+F2,my application can't get correct image of
> windows.Are there any idea to fix this problem? or how can X11 application to know
> if desktop has been switch to another terminal? Thanks!

  There is no image when you are switched away.  I'm not sure
about how to figure out how to tell when switched away.  I thought
there was something in the XFree86-VidModeExtension, but it
looks like there isn't.  Certainly, you could monitor the visibility
events on the window you are grabbing.  If it's fully obscured, there's
nothing to see.

        MArk.