David L wrote:

>>     The hack we implemented here, is to block in xf86EloGetPacket();

Tristan,

Even in your hack solution, isn't there still a small probability of
the same problem?  Even if you wait for a complete packet, what
if another packet comes in after you're done reading data but
before X re-enables interrupts or its i/o signal handler or
whatever it does to stop ignoring i/o?

Heh, Now that you mention it, yes. But I haven't heard of the problem occuring in the field, and thats something like 4 or 5 thousand jukeboxes getting regular use for over a year now; It works for us ;-)

FWIW, if it were a touchscreen switch panel for a flight simulator or some
real time gameing or whatnot, then it might not go un-noticed.

Cheers,
                             -Tristan