[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Following to the post  http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg16132.html

I think I have found where the problem is : line 1024 of mkfontscale.c while calling
FT_Get_Name_Index.
n parameters value is "space" when it crashed. I didn't checked all values of data in the struct
face but family name is "Utopia" when it crash.

I have been able to reproduce this same problem on a G4 running Debian (sarge), but *not* on a POWER4 box. GCC 3.3.4 was used on the G4, and GCC 3.3.3 was used on the POWER4. Both built for 32-bit. On the G4, I tried building with a variety of different optimization settings (-O0, -O2, -Os) and architecture settings, but nothing seemed to help.