Markus Kuhn wrote:

If you do something in this area, please implement the ISO 14755 hex

input method, and not the old MS-Windows one. (Or implement both
together, if you really need MS-Windows compatibility here. They don't
interfere with each other, because the ISO 14755 technique uses
Ctrl-Shift to activate the hex-entry mode, while MS-Windows uses Alt.)

For reasons stated in my previous message I really need the DOS/MS-Windows method. However, if there is a viable solution for either of the methods, implementing at least the sections 5.1 and 5.2 (basic and keyboard symbol entry) from ISO 14755 should be fairly straight-forward. Therefore I'll consider implementing both of them, but first I need a viable solution anyway.

Joerg Henne