Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> it is doing it to guarantee it can undraw its rubber banded "xored" lines to
> display the outline where u are moving to or resizing to. if you disable this
> you will get display artifacts and garbage on your screen if a program redraws
> or changes its window contents while u are moving and resizing and a rubber band
> is over that window.

Yeah, I actually figured that out after I sent the message.

Personally, while the rubber band artifacts are bad, the grabbed server is
worse. There is no opaque resize option in twm. I would welcome an option to
do opaque resizes or use some other method for avoiding the artifacts, but in
the meantime I would really like to get away without the grabs.

It's not like NoGrabServer is the default. Anyone enabling it can make the
decision for themselves if they prefer the visual correctness of the grab but
the practical problems of frozen clients versus the practical benefits of
avoiding the grab but the minor problems it causes.

--
greg