For some reason this did not get posted

> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:18:28PM -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> >devel@XFree86.Org
>> >Hi I am trying to get XFree running on this configuration butno success
>> so
>> >far. It looks likevsomething to do with the on board video
>> >
>> >The motherboard is ABIT VA-20 (www.abit.com)
>> >Integrated on board Unichrome Pro Graphics with 2D/3D/video controller
64 Meg of DDR ram allocated for video
>> >Total ram 1G
>> >

>> The VIA Unichrome chip does not have a driver built-in to XFree86.  VIA
distributes one, but I don't know whether it plays with XFree86 4.5.0.
Google for "xfree86 unichrome" for lots of hints.

>> You should be able to run the vesafb driver.  You won't get
>> acceleration, but it should work.
>>
>> --
>> Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
>>
> http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/via/
The files in there have xf-4_5 tags... And what's there should be
capable of running an X natively on a standard KM400 board.

> Luc Verhaegen.
Thanks Luc -- but forgive me - my board is a VA-20 -- do you happen to
know: (a) which one of the files I need AND
(b) what do I have to do to get X11R6 to use it?

Thanks again

David
NOTE
Remove from my Reply-to - all before ["vizion" at "ixpres.com"] if
emailing me

David Southwell              Ham call sign M0TAU

                                                  40 yrs
navigating and
computing in
blue waters.
English Owner & Captain of British Registered 60' bluewater Ketch S/V
Taurus. Currently in San Diego, CA. sailing May bound for Europe via
Panama Canal.

David Southwell              Ham call sign M0TAU
   ****Remove  nospamme_ from reply to ******