On Thu, 26 May 2005, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2005, bruno schwander wrote:
>
> > I tried using the screenInfo everytime the x,y position is scaled and
> > returned, but that does not seem to help. I do not know how to support
> > screen resolition changes. If anybody has an idea, let me know.
>
> This is a long shot.
> Clients like xdpyinfo use XF86VidModeGetModeLine() to get the
> video timings, which include the current screen resolution.
>
> I'm used to using this to see whether the resolution has been
> changed with <Ctrl><Alt><Num+> and <Ctrl><Alt><Num->.
>
> That sort of resolution change leaves you with a virtual desktop,
> so I don't know if it makes sense with a touch screen, but if so
> XF86VidModeGetModeLine *doesn't* report the viewing window,
> which makes the returned values less helpful.

what would be useful is to find out the actual current screen resolution,
not the virtual screen. Otherwise, the touchscreen behaves as if covering
the whole virtual screen. I want just the visible screen. I don't think it
would be useful to know what the viewing window is. I'll check on that
modeline api, thanks.

I am surprised this has not been solved in other drivers though.

bruno