intmail wrote:
> I would like to know if a clone of Xlib exist. Programming under Linux with
> Xlib, I am looking for library like Xlib (just to compare and test them). I
> know that there is Qt, GTK etc... but they do not interest me because people
> say that both are based under the same raw Xlib and run only under unix like.

I don't understand your question.  If you need Xlib, then you build
Xlib.  Why do you need a clone?

> Also, I am wondering if system based under Mac or Windows have enough tools
> or library to connect to an X server.

Mac OS is Unix-based, so it's easy to build X clients.  For Windows, you
can certainly do this in a Cygwin or MinGW environment.  However, you
should make sure that you are really asking the question you meant to
ask.  Running an X client on Windows means that the application runs on
Windows, but its window appears on an X-based computer.  Is that what
you wanted?

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.