I've subsequently had the panic I noticed happen on creation of an encrypted 
zvol without the `checksum` property set, so I suspect it's not just a result 
of that.

After hacking around that panic the way I outlined above (still not sure if it 
was a great idea, but it lets me consistently make zvols, and they seem to 
work?), I managed to create an encrypted zvol and give it to `dumpadm -d` to 
set it as a dump device. This produced no errors and `dumpadm` succeeded. Then 
I made the system dump (with `uadmin 5 1`) and brought it back up again, and 
thereafter it panics as soon as savecore comes up to look at the dump device 
(with message `panic message: unencrypted block in encrypted object set 572`, 
which seems within expectations given how dumping works).

I think this might be two problems, not one: 1. fixing the panic on zvol 
creation (or finding it's the result of something stupid I did while 
merging/setting up my test env); and then 2. wanting to change the code so that 
`dumpadm -d` doesn't succeed on encrypted zvols (to prevent them being filled 
up with unencrypted blocks like this). I'm not sure they're related.

You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
Powered by Topicbox: https://topicbox.com

Reply via email to