Hi Jerry,

Would it be possible for you to try out the patch contained here:
https://github.com/openzfs/openzfs/pull/421 ? A direct link to the diff (as
opposed the review/comments) is here:
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/openzfs/openzfs/pull/421.diff

When developing that change, I remember hitting a panic that looks similar
to what you reproduced, but wasn't able to trigger that same panic after my
changes stabilized. Since I haven't root caused your panic, I can't say
that my change will definitely address the panic, but I think it will.

In addition to addressing the panic, it should also improve latency of ZIL
operations (that was the original motivation for the change). It'd be great
to get some additional testing from others before submitting the RTI to get
it into illumos/openzfs.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:14 AM, Jerry Jelinek <jerry.jeli...@joyent.com>
wrote:

> I just opened the following bug on illumos: https://www.illumos.org/
> issues/8574
>
> I don't have enough zfs knowledge to know if the fix we had been using for
> this bug prior to the integration of illumos#3821 is the best way forward
> here, or if there is something better.
>
> I'd be interested to hear any input from someone who knows more about
> this, or if anyone would like me to add more details from the panic into
> the bug report.
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry
>
> *openzfs-developer* | Archives