Emile wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with offline content management, or
> third-party content ownership?  By"offline" I mean management of the content
> through a non-web interface.  Websites are becoming more and more integrated
> with CRM systems and other business-centric systems, whilst ownership of
> website data is also being palmed off to the likes of advertising agencies.
> I'm working on a system for embedding external data into content, taking
> into account workflow and privileges, was wondering if anyone has done any
> of the actual data loading from a format such as MS Excel or CSV?

Ussually it's only a few lines code to read and parse CSV or tab-separated file
and import it to MMBase (e.g. using RMMCI / bean-shell).

Synchronization is also possible, but can be more tricky. I have done that
in my 'mediaimporter' which can be found in speeltuin/mihxil/mediaimporter
(which synchronizes (only one way), a huge list of files into mmbase
objects).

Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen                  mihxil'
Mediacentrum 140 H'sum                [] ()