On 5/24/05, Ernst Bunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think that if it's not broken, don't fix it.
> One (and probably the most important) feature of maven is to formalize
> the build process. But it seems to me mmbase has a formalaized process
> allready. If we want to put effort in it we could do that by documenting
> it's features so the formalization becomes obveous to all. Perhaps we
> could make testing more important (test fale, build fale).

I think you are missing the point. If we start using maven I think we
will be able to spend less time documenting and fixing the build
system and we be able to spend more time improving mmbase. Making the
current build system suitable for automated builds of external
components is not an option IMHO.

Also I don't think the mmbase packagemanager will solve this problem for us.