2007/9/17, Ernst Bunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> at least in mmbase 1.8 the htmlarea doesn't work so wel anymore.
> for bold and italic it creats things like '<span style="font-weight: bold">'
> and then in my-htmlarea.js in the function clean() <span> elements are
> removed completely and style elements
> are removed as well.
>
> This is a bit odd. I suppose that in the past bold was just done like this:
> <b>

Can this not be browser related. I don't know much about html-area,
but someimes this stuff is left to the browser, which can do different
things.

I know that in some version of firefox they decided that <span is
better, then <b>

They are both no good, btw, it should of course be <strong>, as, iirc does IE.

IE is a very stupid and bad program, but IMHO they got it right in
this aspect...

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org