2008/4/1, Pierre van Rooden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> What is the reason to make this a separate application, and not, for
> instance, fold it into the taglib?

That was my original plan. But this makes it easier to maintain and
update it seperately. E.g. we can easily develop it in CVS HEAD now,
and still make sure it works with mmbase 1.8.

This can of course also be accomplished by porting everything to the
1.8 branch (because taglib of 1.8 is actually branched), but that
seems very cumbersome.

I would certainly consider it, but this app is also mainly
jsps/javascript, things currently  lacking (besides in examples) in
the taglib app, which can now be upgraded by replacing one single jar.
This will now not be changed, because the more complicated
update-producedure (update a jar, _and_ /mmbase/searchrelate), is now
only needed for this new app.

 Concisely, I felt that this is something considerably 'higher level'
than taglib itself, and a seperate release-cycle could be desirable.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org
nl_NL eo_XX en_US