On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 08:48, Ernst Bunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What works then? I would like to have tld's that have information
> about all the properties and so on. What does a tld do that only
> mentions the tag files. Is that required for putting them in the jar?

Yes.

> That is exactly what my tool is doing. parse the files and create a
> model containing all relevant information. this model can than be
> dumped to xml, and transformed as you wish.
> I have been looking for a tool like this, but did not find it. I
> actually started building it as a programming exercise. But I think it
> can be quite useful.

I of course think even a tag file should of course be xml already :-)

> OK. So that leaves to decide if we expand the mmbase-module format to
> include tag files, or put the tag files in the jar. My preference goes
> to the first option. What do you think?

I have no objections against expanding the mmbase-module format, if it
does not already support this. Though I still think that tag-files
implementing something for the general profit can better be
distributed in the jar, because that simply is easiest to install and
keep coherent. Installing them in WEB-INF/tags is mainly convenient
for the maintainer of the library, but she can put them there manually
anyway. Not having them there will also discourage people hacking in
them, without proper anticipation. But those are just my 2 cents.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org
nl_NL eo_XX en_US