Hi Harry

First thing i m not suggesting that Kamtt should create another field for itemgroup, but from the statement of Kamtt it looks like that they are already using ItemGroup field in SalesLine table. If creation of new field is a problem then might be he can create a new datasource for ItemGroup and then use sysTableLookTable class. but i won't suggest creation of new forms only for look until and unless it cannot be done another way. This is what my personal experience says.

What ur opinion.

Regards

Amit

"Deshpande, Harry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi Amit!

Interesting!

The problem with what you are proposing is ...

Either I have to create a field to hold the value of 'ItemGroupId' on salesLine. This field does not serve any purpose after a line has been created and violates the 'Normalization' rule for the data. It also takes up unnecessary disk space.

One can also create just an extended data type field on the saleTable form (in the sales line grid). However, this means..if  i specify an item group and go to second line to specify a different item group the first item group changes. This will create confusion for the viewer.

This is why I recommended a different lookup form on the ItemId with two tabs like the 'location' look up form.

Do let me know if you find some problem with the above thinking.

regards

harry