Hi Herbert

We are working on a module to dynamically convert charters upon import or export from Axapta. You need to substitute an Germany "ö" to "ö" and a "Ö" to "Ö" in a XML format (Other scenarios are EBCDICT, ASCII etc.). It would have been nice if I could just change the collation sequence on one single row from within Axapta (it works fine if I change the setting on the SQl table, BUT Axapta modifies it right back). I guess I need to save the ANSI value for the Index to make it work, not nice!

Regards

Jesper

Von: Leberbauer, Herbert - News [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. März 2005 16:06
An: development-axapta@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: AW: [development-axapta] Fielproperties

Hi Jesper,

the problem is, that Axapta does not support this kind of operations on the
SQL-Server (Oracle either). So, if you find a way to do what you want, which
is possible, Microsoft will not give any support, to what you are doing.

So I would try to find another solution for your problem.

Why do you want to change the sensitivity?

Regards
Herbert

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Hi all.
| |
| |
| |
| | Can I set a field (in a primary index) to case insensitive
| from within
| | Axapta? I need to build hold the components "a"
| | as well as "A" in the index.
| |
| | My database is set to Latin1_genarel_CP1_CI_AS.
| |
| |
| |
| | /Jesper
| |
| |
| |
| | Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
| |
| |
| |
| | Jesper Jørgensen
| |
| | NMS - Entwicklung Axapta
| |
| | arvato systems Technologies GmbH
| |
| | An der Autobahn 18
| |
| | 33311 Gütersloh
| |
| | http://www.arvato-systems.de
| <BLOCKED::http://www.arvato-systems.de/>
| |
| | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| |
| | Phone: 05242 / 40 80 54
| |
| | Fax:      05242 / 40 80 40
| |
| | Mobile: 0172 / 571 03 34
| |
| | ______________________________________________________________
| | ______________________________
| |
| | "Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht oder eventueller Anlagen ist
| vertraulich
| | und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Bitte
| | stellen Sie sicher, dass die Information in dieser Nachricht
| | ausschließlich an die adressierten Personen gelangt. Sollte diese
| | Nachricht versehentlich an Sie gesendet worden sein, dann
| informieren
| | Sie bitte umgehend den Absender und löschen Sie die
| Nachricht. Vielen
| | Dank."
| |
| | "The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
| confidential.
| | The information must only be held in areas that have controlled and
| | limited access to the addressed persons.
| | If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please immediately
| | notify the sender and delete the e-mail. Thanks."
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
| |
| |
| |
| |