On Thursday, November 03, 2011 09:46:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Uh... "exactly" would usually mean that you're telling me that my
> explanation matches exactly what you were thinking, but I don't think it
> matches what you had said above: essentials and addons are a platform
> definition; mandatory and optional are per project being compiled.

By "exactly" I was confirming that a platform could have a partial set of
modules - it doesn't relate to essentials vs addons. Also, what you consider
optional doesn't have any meaning in the Config files, so there's nothing I can
do in the Config files about what is optional to you.

> I'd like that, but as I said before, I don't mind having to list the
> optional modules listed in the find_package line. That way, the list of
> modules to be searched is always present and not behind any "if" statement.
> They are either in the find_package or in unconditional qt5_add_module
> calls.

No problem. If I understand you correctly, that's already the plan.

# Network and DBus are optional
find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS Network DBus)

if(Qt5Network_FOUND)
  # ...
endif()

if(Qt5DBus_FOUND)
  # ...
endif()

# QtWebkit is not optional
qt5_add_module(mylib Webkit)

> Is it searching for QtLocations as well? How about QtPim?

If they install Config.cmake modules yes. And I intend for them to do that.

> I also want it to
> be usable for the module someone might add tomorrow or next month.

Yes, the above is future proof. If QtWhizzBang is created in 2014 and it
installs a Qt5WhizzBangConfig.cmake, then both

find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS WhizzBang)

and

qt5_add_module(mylib WhizzBang)

will successfully find it.