On Wednesday, 4 de January de 2012 11.00.35, Kent Hansen wrote:
> Den 03. jan. 2012 15:51, skrev ext Kent Hansen:
> > I created http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id85 for the icc
> > fix (note that I'm not allowed to submit patches :( ). Make sure to vote
> > for it! ;) I'll import your patch into our tree for the time being.
>
> The issue was merged into
> http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?idh9, which links to
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/compiler-reports-error-803-when-com
> piling-chromium-os-code/
>
> "This is a known issue that may be resolved in a future product update."
> ... could you poke the icc guys to fix it, maybe? :D

I'm not sure it's an ICC bug at all, even though the ICC guys recognised it.
They're probably just being nice and want to get 100% compatibility with GCC,
even bug-to-bug compatibility.

The file in question has:

// Force instantiation of template instances class.
// Please note this list is compiler dependent.

The V8 guys recognise they're doing something non-standard.

Anyway, this is the least of the problems. The current ICC version has a major
parsing bug with the V8 source code that I reported but hasn't yet been
solved. The bug report is apparently not public.