From: ext Christoph Schleifenbaum [mailto:christoph.schleifenb...@kdab.com]
Sent: 10. januar 2012 17:19
To: Saether Jan-Arve (Nokia-MP/Oslo)
Cc: development@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] sizeHint for QAbstractScrollArea, especially item

thanks for your input. What do you think about adding some sizeHint policy to
this? I'm thinking about as it is done for QComboBox, i.e. AdjustToContents vs.
AdjustToContentsOnFirstShow. Translated to this use case would be to never
return any different sizeHint (and especially never call updateGeometry())
after the scroll area is shown for the first time.

6 jan 2012 kl. 14:20 skrev
<jan-arve.saet...@nokia.com<mailto:jan-arve.saet...@nokia.com>>
<jan-arve.saet...@nokia.com<mailto:jan-arve.saet...@nokia.com>>:

Hi,
I agree that the current behavior is sometimes not optimal, but I'm not sure if
this is such a good idea.

With regards to behavior it has some advantages, but I believe it also has some
disadvantages.

And since in addition it might introduce a performance penalty I'm leaning
towards that this is not a good idea.

I've made a comment on the patch in gerrit:
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,11763

Jan-Arve