On Oct 9, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Pritam <pritam_ghang...@infosys.com>
 wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't understand. AFAIK most of Qt API is
> in pixels. Do you mean after this patch, one should treat all API as points?

No problem, the concepts are new and I'm still figuring out how they apply to
Qt and how to best present them.

If you don't care about supporting high-dpi you can continue as before,
behaviour changes are opt-in. You can even get some support for free, for
example text and mac style. If you work on Qt itself then I argue that you
_should_ care about high-dpi.

If you do want to support high-dpi then you should aware of the points/pixels
distinction. And again the main message here is that very little changes, you
deal with widget and event geometry as before and can draw using QPainter using
the widget coordinate system. Behind the scenes QPainter will fill in 4x as
many pixels on high-dpi displays. Which means you should provide more pixels
when using raster images and pixmaps.

So it's mostly a name change. On high-dpi displays the main coordinate system
units are not pixels any more, but we can pretend they are and get away with it
in most cases.

Morten