On Oct 11, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Samuel Rødal <samuel.ro...@digia.com>
 wrote:

> It's unfortunate to potentially cause some extra trouble for a subset of
> existing applications that wish to port to Qt 5, but weighed against the
> utter embarrassment of the current fill rules I think we need this change.

+1 from me for "utter embarrassment".

A slight tangent, perhaps we should be less afraid of making behavioural
changes to Qt in minor releases, as long as they are flagged and old behaviour
can be restored. The flags could serve for say 3 minor releases and then be
retired together with the old code path. An even softer path could be to make
changes opt-in, then opt-out, and finally mandatory over the course of several
minor releases.

Morten