On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 07:39:34 AM Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 30 de outubro de 2012 13.38.03, Hausmann Simon wrote:
> > Note that qt5.git also contains binaries of bison and win_flex needed by
> > WebKit. If qtwebkit is built as part of qt5.git then those binaries will
> > be
> > used automatically.
>
> ANGLE requires bison and flex.
>
> Simon: what's the difference between flex and win_flex? Note that there's a
> flex with msysgit, so if we used flex instead of win_flex, it would make
> setups easier.

The issue comes from GnuWin32 having a version of flex that is too old for
Angle. In WebKit land we've told people to install the GNU tools from the
GnuWin32 distribution (gperf, etc.) and unfortunately the version there is
outdated. Hence the discovery of win_flex.

I suppose a better solution would be to have a real configure check for flex in
qtbase and see if the version in PATH is new enough. We can still try to use a
copy of qt5.git/gnuwin32 as fallback if we can locate it.

Simon