Hi,

Before the transition to Qt being developed in the open via open governance,
the Qt Support team back in Trolltech and later Nokia, would prioritize the
bugs that were created, or at least handled, by them. Typically these would be
bugs that were brought to our attention by commercial customers using Qt. As we
know the bug fairly well at this point, and have an understanding of the impact
it has on applications, then we were in a position to set a reasonable priority
setting. Since the move to develop in the open via open governance, this has
not been kept up, as it was back then not desired  that the Qt Support team
would continue this practice.

What I would like to suggest that we do now is bring back this practice, so
that the Qt Support team will set a priority on the bugs that it creates or
handles, so that it makes things easier for the maintainers to actually see
what issues are potentially a higher priority than the others. And in the case
of the high priority issues, it will draw attention to them faster rather than
them being picked up later on in the process. I have also discussed this with
the developers inside Digia, and they see a need for getting help when triaging
the bugs, so having the Qt Support team set a priority here would at least go
some way to helping with that. Of course any priority set by the Qt Support
team is intended to be a guideline, the maintainer would still be at liberty to
change it if they disagree.

Is there any comments, thoughts or concerns about this proposal? If I don't
hear any objections, then we will move ahead with this starting within the next
week.

Regards,
Andy
--