On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Jake Thomas Petroules
<jake.petrou...@petroules.com>
 wrote:

> I suppose it would not be a detriment. Where do you draw the line? Which
> platforms, what functions and types?

I would leave that decision to the platform maintainers. An initial minimal set
would be good though, for example OS X/iOS and windows.

> Here are some candidate types for constructors and conversion operators on
> their corresponding Qt types, which I can think of off the top of my head:
>
> Windows:
> POINT
> RECT
> HICON
> HBITMAP
>
> Darwin (OS X + iOS):
> CGPoint
> CGSize
> CGRect
> NSPoint
> NSSize
> NSRect
> CGImageRef
> CIImage
> NSImage
> NSString
> and CFArrayRef/NSArray <-> QList<T> ?

Seems like a good list to me. I would wait with the last one.. NSArray is
really QList<QVariant>.

> I'm not sure about other platforms/environments like X11, Wayland, or perhaps
> GNOME.

It does require a Q_OS define, so it might not make sense for those platforms.

Morten