On Mar 11, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterf...@kdab.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see two ways to fix it, one is a one-liner, one's more work:
>
>  * Don't silently accept touch events if no item is waiting for them.
> Ignoring the events triggers the touch->mouse fallback. That's the approach
> the attached patch takes and seems to work fine (tested with the QQ1 hello
> world example).
>  * Make QQ1 items accept touch events and do the touch to mouse mapping
> internally
>
> Do you see issues with the first approach? I don't see why TouchMove and
> TouchEnd should be accepted if not handled, but TouchBegin is ignored if not
> handled.

Hi, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,48865 for further discussion.

I think the "simple" approach makes sense, as long as we keep it in mind for
if/when we get gestures working again. We can then revisit it and implement a
different solution if needed.

I've also had problems getting TouchBegin translated in the Qt Quick iOS demo
we have. Is everything working flawlessly for you with the patch?

Morten