On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 01:28:37PM +0000, Motyka Rafal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to suggest another change for JIRA:
> - A Reporter should be able to set the Priority starting from the Create
> Issue window.

i don't think so. seriously, everyone thinks that their issue is the
most important one.
consequently, only the assignee and authorized users (at least members
of a yet-to-be-determined triagers group) should be able to set the
priority. of course this can be circumvented if everyone is able to
assign a bug to himself, but it's still a mental barrier.

on a related note, the jira setup should gain fields that support a User
Pain based priorization process. (idea extensively discussed internally
a few years ago).
we might want to be more lenient about the permissions of these fields.