On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 04:13:01PM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > >They can be shown, provided that they appear after the split tarballs and
> > >that they are a convenience for downloading and building everything.
> > [...]
> The online installer isn't enough or suitable for people who want to build
> from sources.

Putting the split tarballs first looks a bit like optimizing for an
uncommon usecase. Downloading n-1 individual .tar.gz module packages
just to avoid donwloading the n'th should be rather rare in comparison
to getting all-in-one, or using the installers for that matter.

I actually think that someone who seriously wants to build Qt from
source typically also has the stamina to skip a paragraph or two on a
web page when tracking down the pieces he's interested in.

Oh, and I even argue that most of the few people who consider getting
sources, but only part of them, might be better served by a bunch of
'git clone' commands instead of actual tarballs, as they are likely
to tinker a bit beyond just running 'configure' and 'make'...

Andre'