On Tuesday 13 May 2014 21:58:29 André Pönitz wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 05:30:43PM +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> > > Please create a new module. This doesn't need to be in qtbase.
> >
> > Is anyone opposed to keeping this in a separate qtdebugsupport.git
> > repository, then?
>
> I am.
>
> At the very least, this is still missing an explanation what actual
> problems this is going to solve, and a few _plausible_ scenarios
> where this code will be reused.
>
> A couple of users actually asking for such a framework would already
> help to understand the need.

Hey Andre,

let me (re-)raise two valid use cases for this new repository: GammaRay and
KDevelop (as previously mentioned by Kai). But I guess people out there
working on any other IDE might want to use it eventually, if they add support
for QML. Momentics comes into mind there.

> Once the need to have it is established, the implementation can be
> discussed.

I would like to see such a debugsupport module.

Bye
--
Qt Developer Days 2014 - October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin

Milian Wolff | milian.wo...@kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090