Hi,

There are currently a few empty spots in our maintainer list, and I’d like
to fill them again and make that list more complete before we have 5.4 out.

To start with, I’d like to pick up a topic that had been discussed in the
past without reaching a conclusion. It is about having platform
maintainers.

We currently have a lot of maintainers for different subsystems in Qt, but
nobody with a clear formal responsibility of ensuring that Qt runs well on
a certain platform/operating system. I think we should change that as Qt
does contain sizeable pieces of platform dependent code in Qt. In the QPA
plugins and the platform dependent implementations in qtbase. In styles
and backends for things such as sensors.

We can also clearly see that not everybody can test on all platforms, and
we need to have a point of contact when it comes to helping getting things
working on a specific platform.

To make it explicit, I’d like to propose the following people as
Maintainers for different platforms:

Windows: Friedemann
WinRT: Andrew Knight
OS X: Morten
Linux (X11): Jørgen Lind
Linux (Wayland): Already covered by Andy Nichols
iOS: Tor Arne
Android: Bogdan
Windows CE: Björn Breitmeyer

QNX is open for the moment, I’d love to hear proposals.

Most of the people above have been acting as a platform maintainer in
practice, so this is mostly about formalising the responsibility and
giving them proper recognition.

Cheers,
Lars