On Tuesday 07 October 2014 09:47:19 Tomasz Siekierda wrote:
> >> I’d think that the solution could be to use a dedicated class for file
> >> names, perhaps with a base class for uninterpreted platform strings.
>
> Ugh, that begins to sound like Java. Let's have a wrapper for a
> wrapper... please don't go that way.

We have QSize and QPoint and they're used ubiquitously in Qt. But, by your
rationale, everyone should be using two ints instead, so let's remove them!

How's that anything to do with Java? C++ is made from the ground up for
lightweight abstractions such as a size, a point and a file path. It's Java
that isn't.

Thanks for this helpful comment,
Marc

--
Qt Developer Days 2014 - October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin

Marc Mutz <marc.m...@kdab.com> | Senior Software Engineer