On Tuesday 14 October 2014 20:41:22 Knoll Lars wrote:
> >In my opinion those changes - as big as they may seem - could go in after
> >the
> >beat. Yes, they change the implementation a lot, but they barely affect
> >the
> >API. The beta is about being able to try out new features in Qt and
> >getting
> >feedback about for example regressions. IMO that's not in conflict with
> >your
> >changes.
>
> I'm agreeing with Simon

Thanks for agreeing, but the point of the beta is to test the implementation,
especially of new classes. I find it really weird if we told people *not* to
test the current implementation because it's already obsolete by the time the
beta is released.

Usually, if we found in the beta feedback that a major new feature requires a
large refactoring, we'd either pull the feature back or we'd release a new
beta so it could be tested. Relatively speaking, this is a major refactor of
QVersionNumber.